SBS 2011 sbsmonitoring Sql server memory allocation
Posted by Russ Richards on 26 August 2014 01:10 PM
- On the SBS 2008 server, open the Start menu and select All Programs.
- Select Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Right-Click on SQL Server Management Studio Express and select Run As Administrator. If you don’t run the tool as Administrator, the remaining steps will not work.
- Select the database from the drop-down list, or enter it as servernameSBSMONITORING, then click Connect.
- When the Object Explorer window opens, right-click on the top item (servernameSBSMONITORING) and select Properties.
- Click on the Memory page in the left-hand column.
- Change the Maximum Server Memory value to something a little more reasonable (100 has been bantered around as a reasonable value, but you may need to adjust depending on the server performance).
- Click OK and the database memory usage will be adjusted.
- Close SQL Server Management Studio Express when finished.